State Workforce Agencies
In these difficult economic times, State Workforce Agencies are being asked to improve their security and recovery capabilities while dealing with shrinking budgets. At the same time, DOL is pushing down ever more strict Federal mandates around data security, fraud prevention, and disaster preparedness.
Your agency cannot afford a regulatory finding, a major disruption from Mother Nature, or a data breach from some faceless hacker trying to steal your confidential client information.
Assura is a Woman-owned Small Business (WOSB) with expertise in risk management for State Workforce Agencies. We help you tackle these complex issues by:
- Gaining an enterprise-wide view of information security and disaster recovery risks to your organization that improve decision-making and compliance
- Passing Federal security assessments such as IRS Safeguard Reviews and National Directory of New Hires (NDNH) audits
- Achieving and maintain compliance with Federal and State data security requirements
- Developing business and IT Contingency Plans that comply with Federal and State requirements
- Designing and assess internal controls to prevent and detect fraud and identity theft
- Identifying requirements that align with Supplemental Budget Requests
- Providing expertise to navigate complex laws and regulations
Our clients benefit from our deep knowledge and experience with the following laws and regulations including:
- 20 C.F.R. 603 (2006), Federal-State Unemployment Compensation Program (UC); Confidentiality and Disclosure of State UC Information; Final Rule
- Social Security Act
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Internal Revenue Service Publication 1075
- The Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act
- Confidential Information Protection and Statistical Efficiency Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) – Red Flag Rules
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Federal and State data breach disclosure laws
Contact us to discuss how our services for State Workforce Agencies can help reduce operational costs and improve regulatory compliance.